The ‘Christkindelmarkt’ it comes every year around Christmas time selling its sweet mulled wine and traditional German beer.
The Christmas German Market visits many places all over England including Leeds which is one of the largest and most traditional. It is based in Millennium Square featuring many stalls, food cabins and a carousel. The stalls are packed with seasonal gifts such as candles, tree decorations and more. You can walk around the stalls sipping your cup of traditional German mulled wine or baileys hot choc or take a ride on the carousel. There is a huge beer tent with live music creating a festive atmosphere.
- These wooden animals are creative as each one can make a sound as though it was its real self. Each animal has its own individual way of making sounds for example if you were to run the stick down the frogs back it makes a croaking sound.
- The candles are amazing, they have so many colours fused together each with a different scent. The candle holders are vibrant and colourful to match the candles each one has a festive pattern engraved on it. The shapes of the candles and candle holders seem almost abstract.
- The chocolate covered pieces of fruit are ‘to die for’. Fresh fruit dipped in chocolate, you can’t get anything better. There is such a big variety to choose from. You can get chocolate covered bananas, strawberries and you can also get chocolate covered marshmallows.
- You can’t beat Haribo sweets cola bottles, rings and love hearts so much choice not enough pennies. There is metre long tube sweets flavoured sweet and sour it will take you ages to eat it. You have the traditional candy canes and lollipops all different shapes and sizes.
- It is a huge massive marshmallow gooey centred covered in a thin layer of chocolate balanced on a golden wafer and they are so sickly. They come in various sizes too big to fit in your mouth at once. You can also get different flavours such as coconut, cinnamon and more.
- The bright and shinning carousel completes your experience at the Christmas German market with the old fashioned moving horses and the dazzling gold poles. In the night light the lights are so bright it is blinding. You are never too old to go on the carousel.
- These hanging elephants are mesmerising spinning and moving in the wind. Each individual elephant is different with a wide contrast of colours. They all have different patterns and blended colours with little bells. There are not just elephants but hearts too with the same patterns and colours.
- There are so many different flavoured chocolate truffles such as cherry liqueur, coconut, marzipan, almond and so much more. Each truffle tastes so amazing you can’t help but want more. All the different flavours and you have to have them all. They are all freshly handmade.
- So many Christmas ornaments snowmen, santa’s, tree hanging decorations you can’t choose just one. These cheesy corny ornaments are perfect at Christmas creating a warm cosy atmosphere in the house. The snowmen so well made with their little hats and scarves would be ideal for house decoration.
- These spirals are so striking and bold with the sleek metal spiral and the contrast bright coloured glass centre. They look too fragile to be hung outside in the rain and snow. They are captivating as they move with the wind spinning round reflecting the light.